BEC is not just another employment agency, we offer so much more……..
- BEC's branch network covering 8 districts in Sri Lanka provides prospective employers the opportunity to recruit talented and skilled human resources from rural and plantation areas for a variety of workforce requirements.
- BEC assesses and channels youth to suitable employment opportunities based on their educational and professional qualifications and relevant experience and training thereby minimizing high employee turnover and poor performance.
- BEC aims to increase the employability of youth through provision of career guidance, leadership training and personality development programs.
- BEC provides required on the job training to under privileged youth, who have been offered employment on the basis/agreement that they acquire such required skills for the job.
- BEC provides financial assistance for poor and /or differently abled youth for vocational trainings.
Benefits to Employers
You will receive the following benefits when you sign a contract with BEC.
- All our applicants are assessed for their skills, knowledge and interests and are directed towards suitable employment opportunities, minimizing poor employee performance and high turnover.
- We provide a regular supply of manpower as per a company’s requirements.
- We link all our prospective employees and employers through a comprehensive employment database.
- We provide semi skilled and skilled workers for long term as well as short term labour requirements.
- We support a company’s production requirements when necessary; by creating sub-contract partnerships and providing required skilled labour, working space, storage facilities and required equipment when necessary.
- We provide assessment on whether employees hired through us, are providing their best services to employers.
- We provide special on the job training to unskilled youth who have been assured job placement by an organization after completion of training.
Records of Recruitments
BEC maintains a comprehensive set of records of all the past recruitment. This data is readily accessible at short notice to all registered employers.
Employment Fields Covered by BEC
- Consumer / Manufacturing Industries
- General Management / Administration / Accounts / Finance / Banking Staff
- Skilled / Semi Skilled & Unskilled Workers – Short term and long term
- Air-conditioning / Refrigeration / Engineering / Industrial
- Customer Care / Public Relations / Cashiers
- Production / Manufacturing / Garment Industry etc.
- Computer Hardware and Software
- Hotel / Catering / Bakery Industry
- Hospital / Medical Services
- Welders / Fitters / Masons / Plumbers / Electricians/Mechanics
- Automobile Industry
- Security Services
- Prime mover operators and helpers (with License) / Forklift Operators
- Factory Workers (Male & Female)
With the intention of linking prospective employers with potential job seekers, BEC conducts job fairs in major towns in districts where BEC is operational several times a year. These job fairs are sometimes conducted in collaboration with the private sector. At these job fairs, youth are recruited on the spot by employers or are directed towards vocational trainings and career guidance by BEC.